Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Damsel in Distress

"Chirp. Chirp." said the garage.
"Wait a minute, a garage doesn't chirp," I thought to myself.
"Creeeeeeek." I opened the door to the garage and the chirping subsided. I also realized that we need to put some WD-40 on the door hinges so I jotted it down on the "Honey Do List".
I shut the door.

"Chirp. Chirp." said something inside the garage.
I opened the door and this ferocious beady-eyed beast appeared.
















I had a bird in my garage. Yes, a bird. I left the garage door open for an hour and it just stayed there. Until, like a rabbid beast, it flew to the opposite end and perched itself above Sam's lawn tools.

















I was a prisoner in my own home, and clearly The Beast wasn't the least bit concerned about the errands I needed to run.

So I called Sam to tell him all about it. No sympathy there. He said "just get a broom or a rake and try to get it down."

HA! Right.

And then I reminded him who he married. And I don't mean that in a snobby I'm better than that kind-of way. I mean that I reminded him of how terrified I am of the wildlife up here in the north. Remember the Canadian Goose that wouldn't let me get in my car?! No more birds for me, thanks.

So I called my mother-in-law, who very sweetly tracked down my father-in-law to come resue me from The Beast. And I documented my rescuer in action.


















"THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!"

Come to find out, "The Beast" was actually a baby Cardinal. It flew right to his parents as soon as he got out of the garage.

1 comment: