Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Quick Update

I haven't updated my blog in a long time because I have had so much going on lately. Learning how to juggle wedding planning, bridal showers, work, school, family, and my personal life has not been as easy as I thought it would be. I love blogging, but it has been put on the backburner because of my busy schedule. I promise to do better from now on! I was going to do a quick recap, but I have to much to blog about so I am breaking it up into two parts! Here is the first.

Christina, Me, Liz
.
Saturday, May 2
My first bridal shower in Fort Wayne was wonderful! It was a warm, sunny Saturday at the Fort Wayne Country Club and everything was beautiful! I met many of Sam's out-of-town relatives for the first time and also got to catch up with people I hadn't seen in a while. "Around the Clock" was the theme and I got so many wonderful gifts and thoughtful cards. My niece, Ella, was such a big helper and she kept me on task by bringing me presents to open.
Keri and Ella
.
The shower was given by my future Mother-in-law's best friend, Dana Kaminsky, who we call "Aunt Dana". She put so much time into carefully planning every detail of my bridal shower. The invitations were beautiful, the flower arrangements were bright and fresh, the lunch was amazingly delicious, and she must have taken a hundred pictures because she knows how important pictures are for every bride!

Aunt Dana, Me, Marlene

.
Tuesday, May 5 - CINCO DE MAYO

Christina Brooks, Me, Liz Tingley, Brooke Weaver, Keri Sackett


Around 7am Tuesday morning, I sent a text to all my girls saying "Happy Cinco de Mayo. I miss you so much!" You see, traditionally, my girlfriends and I get together every Cinco de Mayo for a big celebration! It is one of my favorite traditions because it is unique and it started in college with my best gals: Kendall, Bekah, Collin, Meredith, Kelsey, & Stacia. Any excuse for friends to get together to eat, drink, and have fun is good enough for me! My predicament this year: I do not live anywhere near those girls anymore. So, I decided to begin a new tradition with my friends in Indiana! So I sent the Cinco de Mayo email out to my girls here and everyone was so excited!

Brent, Christina, Matt, Keri, Brooke, Liz, Sam, Glen

.
We had a Mexican Fiesta at Sam's house with a few of our friends, The Sackett's, Weaver's, Tingley's (minus 1-we were sad Chad couldn't make it), and the soon to be Myers (Brent and Christina are engaged). Everyone brought something to the party and we had a Cinco-de-Mayo-Style Mexican Fiesta! It was a warm, beautiful day and the margaritas just hit the spot!
.
Sam's Margarita Recipe:
1/2 can frozen limeade
2 parts Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila
1 part Triple Sec
.
So, we were all happily drinking our margaritas and having a great time and out of no where "BOOM!". Was I shot? Was there an airstrike going on? No, it was my wonderful fiance', Sam, acting like a 4 year old again. I was soaked! A water balloon hit the corner of the table nearly missing my face. Yes, that's right, he threw a water balloon from the front of the house to the back where we were sitting. It completely soaked one side of my shirt! It was all in good fun so I just laughed and changed into a different shirt...the margaritas most likely had something to do with my positive outlook on the whole thing. Everyone had a great time and we can't wait to do it again next year! Hopefully by next year we will have a bigger house and be able to invite many more people!

No comments:

Post a Comment