Friday, September 4, 2009

the BIG 5-0

HE CAN KICK, STRETCH, & KICK! Please click here if you do not know Sally O'Malley from SNL.
.
My Dad turned 50 years old this week! He is the best father and role model anyone could ever ask for, and I feel very blessed to have him as my Dad. He and my Mom raised all four of their beautiful children in a God-fearing, Christian, respectful, hospitable, southern, social, and hard working household. I have to say "Thank You" to my dad for raising me to be an independent thinker and do-er. If it were not for him I would have never had the courage or confidence to fly all the way to Indiana to see Sam, which means I would have never met the love of my life. And let's face it, we all know Sam overanalyzes everything so there is no way he was going to make the first move.
.
I am really sad that I am missing all of the fun birthday festivities my mom has in store for the weekend. I can't tell y'all much about it right now because some of it may be a surprise, but I will post some pictures once Mom sends them to me. One thing we all love about celebrating Dad and Brandlyn's birthdays is that we always celebrate on GAME DAY! Tailgating all day with friends and family is how the Bennetts like to do things and we always do it big!
.
Dad, I hope the Hogs bring in a BIG WIN for your birthday!
I love you and wish we could be there to celebrate. Here are a couple of my favorite photos from past birthday celebrations. Stay tuned for more pictures from Dad's birthday weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment