Tuesday, July 13, 2010

On The Water

 
Sam and I had a fabulous July 4th holiday weekend at Lake Ouachita with my parents and our nephew, Hunter. I got some great amazing videos of my Dad waterskiing, and even my Mom let me take a video of her slaloming. Not that she could stop me because she was in the water; I got her approval to post it! Sam, Hunter, and I also skiied and tubed. It was a very relaxing weekend filled with friends, family, Arkansas sunshine, southern cookin', and watersports! Here are a few pictures and I will show ya'll some videos in a later post.

Pictured below is my Dad. He is a brilliant slalom (just one ski) waterskiier. Seriously, the best I've ever seen. Just see for yourself below and check out that lean! His elbow is almost in the water, which by the way, is a trick he could pull off not so long ago.




Here is Sam on two skis jumping the wake. He gets better every summer!


Mom slolaming for the first time in 2 years! Look at 'er go!
And here's Hunter skiing on two separated skiis for the first time ever. No more tied together skiis for him!Sam stayed in the water to help Hunter keep his ski tips up.

Let's get some tubing action, shall we!? Been doing it since I was a kid and still can't seem to get enough!

Daddy's Girls - I was so happy that Brittany joined us at the lake for a day!
FIREWORKS SHOW!
Mom, Dad, Sam, and I took the boat out Sunday night to watch fireworks. Watching fireworks on the lake is one of my very favorite things to do!

"Here is your wine selection for the evening, madam."
Q: How many men does it take to anchor a boat?
A: Two, of course! You need one man to "show ya how it's done" and the other man is there to take notes on this difficult, scientific process. :)
I love it that Dad loves his TriDelta t-shirts.

Mom and Dad celebrated their 30 year anniversary on June 20, 2010. They spent their first July 4th as hubby and wife on this lake, just like we did! You may think I am cheesy, but if you know me, then you know I don't care.



Okay, so normally I do not swim in the lake at night, but I made an exception on this particular night. I don't really have a good reason for being scared to swim in a lake at night other than the fact that extremely dark water is scary and there's also that 50/50 chance of meeting the Loch Ness Monster!
 
1-2-3 JUMP!!!
And as always, the beautiful sunset was breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment