Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Sackett Girls

Pinch me because I must be dreamin'! The four Sackett boys and their families are together for a weekend of some long anticipated family time. Dean, Christine, and their three kids, Luke, Charles, and Amanda, live in Tokyo, Japan, and they are in town for a few days. And trust me, we are taking advantage of every second we get to spend with them! I told you a little bit about them here. But this time I promise to take lots of photos to go along with my blog posts.

Yesterday was Les's birthday and he and his four boys went golfing at the Sycamore Hills Golf Club, a golf course designed by the one and only Jack Nicklaus. You may recognize some of these photos because Sam and I live in this neighborhood. We do not live on the golf course, though, nor are we members of the golf club. No, we aren't ballers. Luckily, Matt and Keri Sackett are in fact ballers and members of the club. Below are two photos courtesy of Sycamore Hills Golf Club.


While the boys were golfing, we Sackett girls had some plans of our own. Plans to rest, relax, catch up on life, and pamper ourselves. Marlene so graciously offered to babysit all eight (YES, 8) grandkids while the boys golfed and the girls went out for some R&R. First, we headed to D.T. Nails to get manicures and pedicures. I am obsessed with their massage chairs. You know it's great day when the toughest decision you have to make is choosing a new nail polish color. I just love the polish names that OPI comes up with. I want that person's job. Hmmmmm, and this color shall be named 'Sackett-to-me'. It's red and flirty, of course! Ok, so back to reality...we had our nails done and then headed to a bookstore to do some shopping before Catablu, a closeby restaurant, opened.

Left to Right: Christine, me, Allison, & Keri

I had never been to Catablu and the food is delicious divine, fresh, and taste bud ticklin' good! After a day of treating ourselves like royalty we headed back to reality (a.k.a. Les and Marlene's house to pick up the kids).

My yummy calamari. Presentation is everything!

Thanks for a wonderful afternoon sisters! And that was just the afternoon...we had big plans for the night too!

No comments:

Post a Comment