Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Things That Make Me HAPPPPPY!

Let me just say...GREAT WEEKEND!
.
Friday after work Sam brought home the most beautiful Gerbera Daisies & Lillies. My favorite thing about these particular flowers was the bright orange color, which reminded me of my dear friend Kendall's brother, Kyle Bollen. I took a picture of them alongside my 'Happy Everything' plate. If you were blessed enough to have known Kyle then you already know why the two are a perfect pairing. Kyle was always happy all the time, and he always made people laugh...hysterically...all the time!
.
Saturday was a very exciting day for me! I slept in. This is actually a great time to interject my Saturday Rules: #1. Don't call me before 10am. #2. If it is raining, don't call me...I'll call you when I wake up. I LOVE sleeping in when it rains! #3. If there is a chance of rain my phone will be off.
.
Sam and I spent most of the afternoon rearranging furniture for the week's upcoming house showings. I love rearranging furniture. Sadly, we said "goodbye" to the foosball table....kidding. When Sam moved into his house a few years ago he put the foosball table in what most would call the dining room. Yes, that's right ladies, the dining room! I have to admit that it hasn't really bothered me at all. We stored the foosball table at his parents house (along with 4-5 other boxes of stuff), and turned the foosball table room into a reading area, which is actually quite cozy!
.
Saturday night, Sam's brothers and their lovely wives hosted a Couple's Shower & Barbeque for me and Sam. We had such a great time. Lots of food, lots of friends, lots of gifts, a keg. They definitely how to entertain! To my detriment, I forgot my freakin' camera! Yes, me, Jeni Bennett forgot the camera! Luckily our family and friends did not forget this necessary item. I don't have the pictures yet, but I will post them as soon as I do! We've got some cute ones!
.
Sunday was Noah T. Sackett's, 8th birthday party! Today (7/14) is his actual birthday so I decided to post this today. He got lots of great gifts and everyone had a great time. And the party favor....ok get ready for this....Keri gave all the kids Slip 'n Slides! I've said it before and I'll say it again, she is such a fun and creative mom! Below is a picture of the birthday boy! He was an excellent Slip 'n Slider!
.
The kids were ecstatic! Ok, so were the adults; however, we quickly learned that there was a warning label on the box and no one over 100lbs would be allowed to slip or slide. This was probably a good thing because you never want to see adults fighting with their kids over whose turn it is to play with a toy.
.
Owen wasn't interested in sliding, but he sure loved playing in the water!
The men brought their own toys to play with...water guns, ballons, and a water ballon launcher. I've gotta feeling it's only a matter of time before Sam buys one of these ballon lauchin' thingamajigz. They're so proud of their ballon-launching skills....
Logan always attracts the older ladies! Courtney, Me, & Keri soaking up the sun!

A weekend full of social gatherings is my favorite kind of weekend! Hopefully I can post pictures from our couples shower soon!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Everything is right! I love your orange flowers and what you said about Kyle. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete