Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Keri

Owen, Keri, Noah, and Ella with the ice cream birthday cake
Allison, Noah, Aaron and SamOwen & Logan opening Keri's gift

Last week we had the Sackett's and Weaver's over to celebrate Keri's birthday. I made spagetti, salad, veggies, and bread and Matt, Noah, Ella, and Owen brought Keri's favorite dessert, ice cream birthday cake! We had such a great time and it was so nice being the entertainer for once. I love entertaining, but most of Sam's family and friends have kids so we are usually at their houses (they have toys). Another thing I love about having people over at Sam's house is the noise. To me, there is no better sound than the laughter of children playing and running around the house. There is something about being around kids that gives me so much energy and happiness. I loved every moment of it and I also learned a lot from cooking my first dinner for a large group of people!
Brooke & Logan Weaver
A Learning Experience:
#1 You don't know what you need until you really need it. Sam does not own a ladle or a salad bowl. No problem, Keri and Brooke came to my rescue, but I cannot wait to get those kitchen essentials! Thank goodness for bridal showers!
#2 Dinnerware: Sam has 8 place settings and 8 flatware settings, which is very impressive for a bachelor, but we need more.
#3 Card tables and folding chairs are a necessity.
#4 Two year olds + Foosball tables = Recipe for disaster (the rods are at their eye level)
#5 Evite.com is a great website

Matt & Owen wrestling

1 comment: