Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sweet, Southern Favorites

I've been trying lots of new recipes since finding out about allrecipes.com. The website is full of great recipes. I especially love reading the recipe reviews because people are able to make suggestions and give practical cooking advise. This website is especially great for me because I get to learn as much as I can about the recipe and ingredients before I start cooking! Sam and I loved this sweet and savory recipe for pork chops!

Awesome Honey Pecan Pork Chops
Ingredients
1 1/4 pounds boneless pork loin, pounded thin
1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Tip: double the butter, add 1 tablespoon chopped onion, add 1/4 cup maple syrup

Directions
In a shallow dish, mix together flour, salt and pepper. Dredge pork cutlets in the flour mixture. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chops, and brown both sides. Transfer to a warm plate. Mix honey and pecans into the pan drippings. Heat through, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over cutlets. ENJOY! Honey Pecan Salad Dressing
If you like salad, but are tired of using the same old salad dressing and want a change, you should try this recipe from Southern Living. My friend, Kendall, posted the recipe on her blog and it is truly amazing! Drizzle this tasty dressing on fruit or salad or use it as a marinade for chicken. You will not be disappointed! I just made some last night and it is almost gone. Sam really loved this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment