Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Viva la Fifa

Tonight after dinner Sam had to run some errands one of which was to take Bolt back to the Red Box. I was hoping he would surprise me with another movie night and rent Marley & Me, but to my surprise the World Cup Qualifier is on tv and the USA is playing. Of course we are going to watch the World Cup Qualifier (yawn...)! Yep, that's right, we are going on 83 minutes of fun-filled soccer. Don't get me wrong, I love the sport, but I just don't want to watch it on tv. Sam can tell I am not impressed with his choice of entertainment tonight so every few minutes he changes the channel to American Idol for no more than 5 seconds. Never-the-less, Sam loves watching the World Cup and I love him so it's time for me to make the best of this situation.
Pictured Above: Sam is very happy to see a goal! Yay America!
Pictured Above: Sam does not like me taking pictures while he is trying to "focus". Yes ladies, apparently watching sports requires intense focus.
So here we go...top 5 reasons why I can stand to watch this game (I could only think of 5):
1. Short soccer shorts...If you've been to a soccer game you know why that's my #1.
2. One commentator sounds like a leprechaun
3. The USA is winning 3-0...Which also begs the question, why are we still watching this game?
4. Crazy, drunk fans are always passionate about their team
5. This kid in the picture below. He got so mad after seeing a penalty yet he still proudly waves his American flag. Hooray for patriotism!

No comments:

Post a Comment